Thursday, July 2, 2009

Some random things and an update...

Apparently, as I just discovered reading old journal entries... February 20th, 2005 is the first instance of me using the moniker "crazy lady writer". I would go on to write sometimes-dumb-and-sometimes-clever points between "crazy" and "lady writer" as a signature.

E.G.: my personal favorite "the crazy 'I wish procrastination didn't exist' lady writer" XD
Ain't it have always been the truth, eighteen-year-old self?

~

Journal-keeping was fun on the computer, but quit after October 2006 (I think). Doing it with pen and a journal kept my handwriting well-tuned and plus, my laptop was made for writing novels, not silly journal entries.

Man, I could be a whiner in my journals. Then again, I can count how many times I acted just so on this blog. Madeleine L'Engle said something along the lines that journals were meant for that, and that there is no shame. But she noted that it was a private journal set aside for that purpose. So, yeah. All bloggers (from the crazy message-board lands of Livejournal to the untamed wilderness that is Wordpress) are totally listening to that advice. /sarcasm

And hey! I'm guilty of this too.

~

After completing Blues and "wasting" (i.e.: playing The Sims 3 and finishing The Bloody Chamber, of course) two days with no writing, I'm stuck in the sad conundrum of

What the Hell to Write Next

I had considered an old idea that I tried writing last year, but failed due to a fun onslaught of anxiety. There is also writing a short story every week. For every three stories I complete to a first draft, I get a cookie (okay, not a cookie, but a book). The other idea was to write four novellas for a whole novel-like thing (like Different Seasons by Stephen King, which is where I got the idea from).

I have no idea what to do. So, for now, it remains unknown. So, my sabbatical will last a little while longer, on account I have no fricking idea how to proceed from here.

Dammit.

0 musing(s):