Thursday, March 18, 2010

And now for something completely different...

I've planned this for a while and now the chance has finally come. For the last few months, I've been going through the Monty Python's Flying Circus box set I bought myself for Christmas last year (I have three more discs left). I've seen the familiar and famous sketches, but also found some fantastic hidden gems.

So, here it is everyone: my favorite Monty Python skits! (the last one being the top favorite)

"Silly Job Interview" - pretty much what did it for me was the end. Watch the whole thing instead of skipping to the punch line.

"Semaphore Version of Wuthering Heights" - literature meets flag signals...

"Confuse-A-Cat"
- as a cat owner, this was lulzy.

"Ministry of Silly Walks" - kinda typical of a Python fan, but whatever. It's actually a good sketch.

"Self-Defense Against Fresh Fruit"
- well, you never know...

"Secretary of State Striptease" - alas no clip. But let's say the title is what it is...

"Camp Square-Bashing" - after the ballerinas, it's not as funny. The part before the ballerinas caught my sister and I off-guard.

"The Lumberjack Song" -one day, I'll memorize the song and torture people with it.

"Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook" - my hovering blog is full of eels...

"Dead Parrot" - c'mon, a classic for a reason!

"Bicycle Repairman" - a brilliant superhero parody...


And my favorite Monty Python sketch of all time is... "The Bishop"


And as a bonus, here is my sister's favorite sketch.

Until next time, enjoy the laughs.

*Countdown to 200 entries: 11 left*

0 musing(s):