Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Damn you, hipsters...

It's been known that hipsters practically worship Pitchfork Media, a music website that prides itself in reviewing obscure stuff. No big deal, gotta give the unknowns their time in the sun. Well, as obvious parodies show, they have become something more worthy of scorn.

I checked it out to see what it was all about. I decided to type in Talking Heads and see what they had to say. Of course, they worship the live album The Name of This Band is Talking Heads. I mean, damn, 9.2? That's serious liking. I mean, the album's good, but I wasn't expecting that.

But the review that had everyone going WTF (at least what I heard) was this one: Kid A by Radiohead. Oh my God. A ten. And read the review and don't tell me that is just overblown. Dude, did you find Jesus in that experience or what?

I raged when I saw this tidbit review of True Stories. Okay, you obviously dug the film 'cause it was kitchy and-- hold the phone. Did y'all just call Stop Making Sense an "overrated synth-flap"? You didn't. You didn't just do that. You did. Wow. Allow me to have Dr. Cox verbalize my rage:



Look, I'm all for respecting opinions but since these are likely hipsters, that respect died. I bet $20 and win that they're hating on it only because it has been called a great film by folks like Rolling Stone and Leonard Maltin. In other words, their opinion is "wrong wrong wrong" ONLY because this is likely how they reached the conclusion.

Just when I calmed down, I had to look up Steely Dan. Bad move. I mean, read the first paragraph and tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks it's just mean-spirited. Now I didn't like the album, but way to go to insult the band's larger fan base at the first go, Pitchfork. Hope y'all are proud of yourself, feeling like you made a genuine funny. Oh? Sorry, I was wrong. That "funny feeling" was actually me throwing the Klencke Atlas at y'all's heads.

I don't feel that my hatred against them is unique, but the means to get there were. Either way, no. Tact, Pitchfork. You lack it.

0 musing(s):