Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Book ninja!

My plans for World Book Night changed drastically when the day had dawned upon me. Originally I was set on having some helpers (my sister and her boyfriend), but that didn't work out. Then the weather in town was getting a little icky. I was also concerned about being accused of soliciting and a little bit anxious approaching people in general. The "well dammit" that changed it was the first park I went, there was hardly anyone there.

Instead, I became the Batman of literature, a book ninja if you will. I slipped copies of the book into four neighbors' mailboxes (with little handwritten notes), dropped off five copies each at my doctor's and dentist's offices while they were all on lunch, gave one to the Sonic employee who delivered my drink, and went to my former job at the non-profit and gave them two. I now have three left and I'm saving those for two co-workers and a manager.

So my story isn't exactly as awesome as some will be having today, but it went better than expected (yea meme).

Will do this again next year, but two rules will apply: 1) do it with other people and 2) go to a women's shelter instead of hitting the parks.

I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the book light for your nocturnal reading needs... I am the book ninja!

*disappears in a cloud of smoke*

0 musing(s):