Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Thoughts on Moving Out

So it's over a week until I get the keys to my own apartment and get all my stuffs moved out. But man, seeing all the things I have accumulated over the years has got me to thinking about how I feel about it all.

In all honesty, I'm not entirely sure what to feel. I want to feel proud for having a decent-sized personal library and a beautiful record collection, but at the same time, I'm like "so this is where most of my money went to". If anything, it's definitely humbling. And I do hope by getting my own space that I change my relationship to all my things. See what blesses me, get rid of what doesn't.

Other thoughts include (I choose you... Bullet List! *throws out Pokeball*):

  • Whoa, since I'll be on the third floor, I'm gonna have some sexy legs!
  • Oh dang, don't I have a few preorders left? *checks list* Yup, I do.
  • I'll still have to worry about making noise, since I'll have neighbors VERY close by.
  • Thanks to my dad and eBay, I now have my own sweet audio system!
  • I have over twenty boxes full of books alone. OMG. 
  • I won't have the Internet on at the abode* right away. I may need to change that. 
  • Got some blessing candles by Crystal Journeys: Housewarming and Protection! I'll also have my mom pray in the space as well before I get settled in.
  • I better have a kitchen island. *glares at apartment complex*
  • Places I'll live nearby: two 7-11's, two major freeways, several other apartment complexes, a movie theater, and a Starbucks. 
  • Despite moving closer to a major freeway, my commute to work is shaved down by five-seven minutes. Good thing I don't give a f***. 


*In the spirit of bloggers naming people or things with funny titles, I will refer to my new apartment as "the abode" until further notice.

0 musing(s):