Monday, March 1, 2010

Holy crap, a new layout/template! And some feminist topics...

After playing around with some new templates I downloaded (and even getting schooled in basic HTML coding), I finally have a brand-new template for my blog. And because this template is awesome-sauce with pull-down menus, I won't have to get a new blog just for reviews, nor will you dear readers have to search endlessly! It's all in 'Media Reviews', which interestingly enough was part of the name of my older blog.

So, much thanks go out to 85ideas and TemplatesBlock for this template and for basically giving me a good reason to say at Blogger.

~

You may have also noticed a certain blog and book have been removed from my list. For those unaware, it is a link to Feministing and the book was Full Frontal Feminism (respectfully). Before I explain why, I do wish to still credit these two sources for getting me passionate about feminism and equality in general.

Now for my reason. Being a longtime lurker of ONTD_P, I noticed people voicing a dislike for the site and its writers. Naturally, I wanted to know why. There are many postings, you can try this, but the one that struck me was this one. It saddened me deeply, since their general prejudices go aganist everything I stand for: equality and fairness for all. And there are issues with privilege and race on Feministing, but trust me when I say that's another kettle of fish...

On the ableist language front, yes I am fully aware that I've referred to myself as a "crazy" lady writer. I did call myself that without much thought to it, but as I consider it, the name's gonna stay. In a sense, I'm now reclaiming the word. I do have anxiety/OCD and had bouts of major depression.

And as for the "artists are beautiful sufferers"... that's just silly. And silly's being polite.

~

So, enjoy the new format and have yourself a think over ableist language...

ETA: I just noticed there has been a few instances of ableist language here on this blog. I admit to those mistakes and I blame ignorance. For now on, I'll watch myself.

0 musing(s):