Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Only updating for ze meme...

So, my sis tagged me with a meme. I had a hard time with the last one, though. Alright, here we go...

(BTW sis, I'm so using your Youtube-linking-the-song idea!)

Seven Songs:

1. "De-Luxe" by Lush
I blame Rock Band 2 for this. God, the guitars in this song are hypnotic. I'm going to learn how to play it when I get my guitar (and I practice the basics). The lyrics make no sense, but the vocals are lovely.

2. "Road to Nowhere" by Talking Heads
This songs has different meanings, but I adopted an optimistic take, it becoming the unofficial theme to my new year. The video itself is quirky, but do see it.

3. "Satellite" by Guster
My favorite Guster song. This is nearly perfect: the guitars, vocals, lyrics. It's also the unofficial theme song to yet another story idea: a novel with some magic realism business. I haven't seen the whole video yet, but it looks pretty cool.

4. "Through Being Cool" by Devo
Rock Band 2 also is "blamed" for this. The song is funny, and catchy too. Whenever I get worried about people in general, this song helps me feel better.

5. "Things Fall Apart" by Jerry Harrison
Ah, no YouTube clip. So, use iTunes or whatever music program you use to listen to this one. This song is, like the last two, part of a soundtrack I made for a novel I'm working on. The lyrics kinda fit with the situations going on. I also love how he sings.

6. "Karma Police" by Radiohead
When I was going through my writing crisis, this song and "How to Disappear Completely" were my soundtrack. Later on, "Karma Police" became part of the soundtrack to a novel I'm working on. Great vocals.

7. "The Last to Know" by Celine Dion (*waits until laughter dies down*)
I've been working on my main novel project and this song plays often while I'm working on emotional scenes. Ms. Dion always provides with those kinds of songs. (Side note: Good Lord, how many videos does she have?!)

1 musing(s):

Anonymous said...

Yay! Neat choices. My music may be random, but yours is always classy. I'm liking that Talking Heads song.

It's okay about Celine Dion... I still like her too. It's probably hereditary. D8