Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Choose-Your-Own-Advent... Title

I was gonna write a review of Rebecca Stead's awesome Newbery-winning book When You Reach Me, but I doubt y'all want a week of reviews. But here is my truncated opinion: if you loved A Wrinkle in Time, you'll adore the hell out of When You Reach Me. It does the time-traveling business a bit differently, but it is endearing and very well-written. Certainly deserving of its award and any of its success. And yes, another book to recommend to kids. Awesome!

~

I have no idea why I stopped writing. Or preparing my resume and cover letter for a possible internship. I really need to get back on that. Also, start using the treadmill again.

~

I got into a movie mood. In the last twenty-four hours, I watched 1941, the original The Haunting, Alchemy: Dire Straits Live, and True Stories.

Truncated opinions ahoy!:
-I'm fully convinced 1941 was made by people high on narcotics.

-The Haunting was really good, enough to invalidate the existence of the horrid 1999 remake. And make me want to read the book again.

-Alchemy was a good concert, yet the solos went on foreeeeever.

-True Stories was weird as all get-out, but kinda funny. Especially since David Byrne looked like Haze Motes from the Wise Blood movie.

Not much else for today. Until next time... nuclear porcupines.

0 musing(s):