Monday, August 23, 2010

Reading and an idea

I've been out for a while, been nursing a mild cold for the last few days. What I hate the most is the lack of energy I have to do pretty much anything. Work is like walking through fog.

So I've been trying to rest and prepare for some big things coming up this weekend. Also, been reading a few books. I just finished Rob Sheffield's Love Is A Mixtape. It is one of the best things I've read this year and it's a shame I waited this long to pick it up.

I'm also reading Jim Thompson's The Killer Inside Me. It's pretty intense so far, I may skip the movie. Not sure if I want to deal with all that violence.

Because I'm having a hell of a hard time motivating myself to write something and have an effing deadline, I'm gonna do something I promised a million miles ago... write reviews for My Life in the Bush of Ghosts and The Red and the Black. I will have them typed up and ready by next week.

As for other writing, I may begin an essay and then go back to either Invisible or that short story.

Man, pass me the matches. I need to light a fire under my lazy ass.

0 musing(s):