Friday, August 20, 2010

Some writing and life gripes

I'm working on the short story right now and man, my perfectionism (which is not OCD) is kicking in like whoa. All I want to do is go back and rewrite half of it, or give up because it's not turning out like I hoped it would. And it's 1,000+ words in, go figure.

~
One quick note: y'all, stop calling perfectionism OCD. It's not funny and you're not being clever! Look up what OCD is and learn that perfectionism =/= OCD.

*this comes from someone who has suffered OCD and is tired of this nonsense*
~

As for life stuff, I recently read this article and thought about things that had been going on in my life. I do honestly feel that I'm a seventeen-year-old in a twenty-three-year-old body. While I have made some big decisions (I'm basically paying for my insurance and my meds, buying big-ticket items without assistance, etc.) and moves (I've traveled overseas on my own, took care of most college matters without parental assistance, etc.) I still feel like I'm years behind everyone else. And yet, things are really tough right now. I continue to try, and I know some that are still looking for a job. It's silly to expect the new crop of twenty-somethings to mature the same way. I'm certainly not maturing the same way as my folks did. All of us are trying out another bag of tricks, that's all.

No, I'm not posting a clip of "That's All" by Genesis, or Keane's awesome cover of it...

Y'all can go for now... the show's over.

:P

0 musing(s):