Monday, September 1, 2008

What the heck I've been up to these days...

The Labor Day weekend is coming to a quick end, alas. I didn't really get to enjoy it very much.

~

When school began, the stress of my writing issues (along with other fun quarterlife crisis issues) came to a head. I managed to get myself together, but yeah... this anxiety is too much to keep fighting alone. So, I made an appointment with a counselor on campus. I feel better already.

Despite my anxiety, my classes are going to be a blast. I'm getting to hang out with tons of familiar faces (including some very close friends), read some goods books and of course... talk to some cool professors. They're all intelligent, well-read and experienced people. So, at least, all is good on that front.

~

After years of wanting, I finally got VH-1 Classic. The channel had an '80's video marathon, so I tried my best to keep up with it and watch some of my favorite artists. I had to bypass Genesis due to work, but I got to see:

Lindsey Buckingham: "Go Insane" and "Holiday Road" (!)
Fleetwood Mac: "Hold Me", "Little Lies" and "Seven Wonders" (!)
Billy Joel: "Pressure"
Squeeze: "Hourglass"
Talking Heads: "And She Was" and "Once in A Lifetime"

Their Talking Heads video choices were good, yet lacking one major video... no "Burning Down the House"! WTH?!

And yes, after years of accepting the fact I would never see it on TV, I finally saw "Little Lies". Man, my happiness reached a limit I didn't think existed. The video is so much more... green than seeing it on YouTube.

~

Current school reading: The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton and a sci-fi anthology edited by Ursula K. Le Guin.

~

Thank God and everyone else in Heaven for the citizens of New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast. They all got out before Gustav hit. Looks like things aren't going to be as bad as predicted: see here.

That's, of course, fantastic news.

~

There's nothing much else to say for the time being. So I leave you, rocking out to the ending of the Mavericks's "What A Crying Shame"...

Regards,
Lindsey

0 musing(s):