Thursday, June 18, 2009

What I've been up to these days...

I got busy with work, so that is the main reason I haven't been updating.

So far, Blues is 18,000+ words. I'm impressed with that number. I had to skip last night, I was called in to replace someone at work and I wasn't home 'til after 11. I also was trying to finish The Informers by Ellis, which I had started that early afternoon.

To be honest, Informers didn't do anything for me. I was just half-hoping most of these characters would either get over themselves or jump off a cliff. Yet I am eager to begin Less Than Zero in a few days. Let's see how that will go... Side note: I liked American Psycho better than this. That says a lot.

The other day, I also began and finished Sputnik Sweetheart by Murakami. I loved it, but didn't understand the ending for the life of me. Also, some of the similes were not as clever as I expected from him. But it's definitely another mini-masterpiece. Right now, I'm tearing through after the quake, which is honestly a tad better than The Elephant Vanishes.

Alright, enough Wikipedia citations. XD

There is really nothing else to update on. I will keep posting about my work, especially when I reach the end. I also have plans to continue with another project once Blues reaches its first draft and I set it aside to ferment for future editing (about a month or so later).

*falls back into state between laziness and alertness*

0 musing(s):