Monday, June 29, 2009

You knw you've been playing too much "Sims 3" when...

...don't get excited, y'all. It's only one item:

-You notice the title of one of the books Sims can purchase and wonder of its origins.

The first time I played the game and had my Sim go to the bookstore, I noticed one of the books was a romance called Special Snowflake. I couldn't help but think "Twilight"? After all, people claim Bella Swan is a special snowflake (which is effing true, but that's besides the point).

It wouldn't be surprising if it was a spoof, but it is a stretch.

~

So far, my writer Sim (named Louise) has written several things, mostly after Talking Heads songs and albums, and the music genre they represent. Why? 'Cause I'm a dork. *dork face*

Article- "Born Under Punches"
Non-Fiction- Why Art Punk Matters
Fiction- Remain in Light
Comedy- Burning Down the House

Upcoming ones:
Article- "The Heat Goes On" (clearly a sequel to the hit "Born Under Punches")
Sci-Fi- I Zimbra
Drama- Man with A Gun (it's a Jerry Harrison song, though. And a kick-ass one.)
??- Houses In Motion (last time I played her, she was writing something with that title)

She is planning to marry this guy, who also wants to be a writer, and I plan for his works to be named after Fleetwood Mac songs and albums. Why? Well, you know why.

Side note: It is a common practice to name your books after songs. May I present

Exhibit A:

Less Than Zero (Elvis Costello FTMFW)

The Shining (John Lennon lyric, but it still counts!)

~~

I took yesterday off, mostly because I was too busy playing Sims 3. Go fig. It's going well, down to the final 2,000+ words. Now, I have to get to work. Tomorrow, I have a shift at the bookstore.

That's it for now. So, good night...

0 musing(s):