Thursday, December 3, 2009

Well, this sucks...

Apparently, it was true. Akira Yamaoka, the Silent Hill series' music producer and resident music-man, has left Konami. While he will continue to make music somewhere else, I can't help but feel there has been a loss.

Well, time to be a bitter cynic. As far as this all goes, Shattered Memories may be the last Silent Hill game I'll ever purchase. It hurts, since well, this is a great series and I don't want to give up on it. You never know sometimes, but it's hard to believe anything good could happen to the series from something like this.

His music was one of the signature trademarks of the games. One of my favorite albums of all time is Silent Hill 2's soundtrack, favorite song being this one.

Man, all this discussion makes me want to play the games again.

Either way, this isn't good news, but trying hard not to sound like a over-zealot either.

0 musing(s):