Saturday, March 31, 2012

World Backup Day

Apparently, today is a day that spreads awareness on backing up your precious computer files. And so here goes my day off, rearranging all my files. But I've been playing chicken for too long, not saving my novel and other things too.

My zip drive and external hard drive haven't been updated in over two years, most of the files dating back to college. I deleted some files by accident and began to panic, but I realized they were backups of backups of backups (Inception, anyone?) because why would I save files of "novels" (that was the main folder's name) in just one area? I'm not that ridiculous. Either way, even if I lost anything of importance, I don't recall what was in the folder anyway.

So, don't be silly like me and wait to backup once a year. Do it today. And every week.

Want to check out more about today and learn how you can too, save your precious computer files? Click here.

P.S.: Man, I hate the new Blogger upgrade.

1 musing(s):

HFM said...

I have a ton of important/essential files saved via online backup. In addition, I have two 500 GB backup drives that augment my main 1 TB drive. I back up stuff (mostly music and movies) to these 500 GB drives regularly, and keep one of them over at a friend's house, so just in case this place burns to the ground, I'll still have access almost all of my stuff. I'm sure that sounds a bit much . . . but my worst nightmare would be to lose the memories and treasures that have taken me a lifetime to collect.