Monday, May 6, 2013

Random-Ass Facts about My *Newest* Novel Project

Yep, it's that time again. I'm working on something else, which y'all will know it as Dolls. And yes, might as well share with y'all some stuff about the project.

  • This used to be a Silent Hill fan fiction before I took the arduous task to divorce it from its source. It took me two years, on and off, to do it.
  • Its original title was An Absence of Innocence.
  • I first started writing this when I was 19. And here we go, 7 years later...
  • It is set in my home state of Texas, though in cities I haven't been to since I was a kid (Houston and Galveston).
  • The full current title came from a Sylvia Plath poem.
  • Remember when I said three characters from another story made an appearance in Spiders? Well, the three are in this novel.
  • The two main characters have the last names of Buckingham and McVie. And unlike Spiders, this was a coincidence. I had the characters created for separate works originally, but when I had them join forces... well, there you go.
  • The name of the neighborhood that the main characters live in used to be the name of the town they lived in the events of the fan fiction: Briar Lake. It was supposed to be half a day's drive away from Silent Hill. Now it's a fictional neighborhood in Houston.
  • One of the main characters has a former dream job of mine: record store clerk.
  • Some of the nightmarish elements in the story were loosely inspired by dreams I had, especially my run of nightmares about haunted houses I had when I was 19.
  • Here is the novel's theme song ('cause we gotta have this too): 


Thank you for your time to indulge me concerning a novel project that no one may actually read in its final form for about eight years.

Here, have a LOL:

*meme does not belong to me*

0 musing(s):