Saturday, May 25, 2013

I have no idea... (tw: self-esteem issues regarding fat)

why I think I'm fat. I look at pictures of myself from last year (where I was either the weight I am right now or just a bit less) and I honestly don't get it. If the camera adds ten pounds (whether that's true or not is a whole other kettle of fish), then I actually don't look as bad as I thought. Now, in my family, the weight goes all over the place and not just one specific area of the body. I look like I have some curves (which I do) and that I'm broad-shouldered and built stocky (thank you German heritage!).

On the bright side, at least I haven't gained more weight. Something's going right.

If I was a betting woman, it would be that I drink water now.


I love how despite my thoughts, there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Gotta love perspective.

0 musing(s):