Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Why I May Not Return to Tumblr

There are such things as Tumblr blogs teaching people how to shoplift. One of them even said B&N is an easy place to steal from.


Alright, listen up, you entitled brats. Here's some breaking news for you: YOU'RE NOT SOLVING ANY PROBLEMS. You think you're getting the Man? The Man don't care. Really! If the Man cared, there would be more things us retail employees could do other than do our usual jazz hands.

(And the fact that people who need things resort to shoplifting shows us what the real problem is. Our society has an odd-ass view about low-wage jobs, education, living wages, and the like. All that seriously needs to be fixed. Taking it to the Man [I swear, last time I'll say it] is like giving someone a bandage for a broken back.)

Oh and by the way? Thanks for posting your tips. I now know what to look out for and I'll be extra-vigilant next time I'm at work. AND I'M TELLING EVERYBODY I KNOW AT RETAIL WHAT I'VE LEARNED.


With Two Middle Fingers,
Lindsey, a current retail employee

*memes do not belong to me*

0 musing(s):